More to come soon!
Category Archives: News
With the 8th edition of Warhammer 40,000 now settling in, we’ve revised our Recon Squad skirmish rules and associated Legacies narrative campaign to the new rules. The updated Recon Squad core rules and Legacies missions were used at this used NOVA Open wargaming convention with a large number of players, to great success. Give them a try if you’re looking for some quick, intense 40k firefights!
Our Kolony Kickstarter campaign funded! We’ll be working on a whole new collection of 3D printable 28mm sci-fi terrain.
Since its initial public release and the prior test tournaments, our RECON+ packet for Infinity firefights has now been through two well attended local tournaments (12+ players) covering all of the missions, as well as many many practice games within our community. A lot of great comments and suggestions have been generated. The packet has now been updated to reflect changes in Season 9 of ITS and address many of the points brought up:
- Made the restriction on multi-wound models include all models with multiple profiles, i.e., now explicitly including Transmutation.
- Limited Mercenaries extra to 37pts and .5 SWC additional cost to be in line with ITS9 Soldier of Fortune event option, but with a carve out for any single selection, to permit the mercenary TAGs.
- ITS Season 9 updates: No nullifying Orders since all RECON+ lists fall under the Reduced Combat Groups rule, and TAGs have Fatality L1.
- Dispersion is reduced to a fixed 8″.
- Reworded Secure HVT to eliminate some ambiguity.
- Reworded Antenna/Console hacking as “connect” rather than “control.”
- Reworded Datacube possession as “hold” rather than “control.”
- Clarified Sweep & Clear that the Consoles must be connected and have a model in contact to contribute toward domination.
- Tech-Coffins moved 2″ farther apart in Smash & Grab.
- Multiple updates to Exfiltrate:
- Added note that it is a challenging, low scoring mission;
- There is now only 1 decoy;
- The 4″ buffer on Civilians is relative only to your own Civilians;
- You may Discover your Civilians to secretly look at their status;
- You may expend a Command Token to reroll a failed interrogation.
Many thanks to everybody involved in the ongoing discussion on how to improve this mission packet. Comments and suggestions are always welcome!
The RECON format for Infinity gets a lot of play around here, with the local shop alternating its tournaments between that and ITS standard. Over time our group has developed a number of clarifications and tweaks. So here’s our take on 150pt firefights in the Human Sphere:
Our Data Targets Kickstarter campaign is well underway! The funding target was hit within a few hours of launch, and backers continue to trickle in. We look forward to producing many sets of these 3D printed wargaming objectives! Those with their own 3D printer may get the STLs for these great pieces via DriveThruRPG.