Since its initial public release and the prior test tournaments, our RECON+ packet for Infinity firefights has now been through two well attended local tournaments (12+ players) covering all of the missions, as well as many many practice games within our community. A lot of great comments and suggestions have been generated. The packet has now been updated to reflect changes in Season 9 of ITS and address many of the points brought up:
- Made the restriction on multi-wound models include all models with multiple profiles, i.e., now explicitly including Transmutation.
- Limited Mercenaries extra to 37pts and .5 SWC additional cost to be in line with ITS9 Soldier of Fortune event option, but with a carve out for any single selection, to permit the mercenary TAGs.
- ITS Season 9 updates: No nullifying Orders since all RECON+ lists fall under the Reduced Combat Groups rule, and TAGs have Fatality L1.
- Dispersion is reduced to a fixed 8″.
- Reworded Secure HVT to eliminate some ambiguity.
- Reworded Antenna/Console hacking as “connect” rather than “control.”
- Reworded Datacube possession as “hold” rather than “control.”
- Clarified Sweep & Clear that the Consoles must be connected and have a model in contact to contribute toward domination.
- Tech-Coffins moved 2″ farther apart in Smash & Grab.
- Multiple updates to Exfiltrate:
- Added note that it is a challenging, low scoring mission;
- There is now only 1 decoy;
- The 4″ buffer on Civilians is relative only to your own Civilians;
- You may Discover your Civilians to secretly look at their status;
- You may expend a Command Token to reroll a failed interrogation.
Many thanks to everybody involved in the ongoing discussion on how to improve this mission packet. Comments and suggestions are always welcome!